Business e-services customers can apply for additional services, such as Network Services or Lender Services.
Apply for additional services
You can apply for additional services if your organisation is already using Business e-services and want to apply for Network or Lender Services.
- Network Services available to legal services providers, such as solicitors and licensed conveyancers
Lender Services available for lenders and third party agents who sometimes act on their behalf
- Lender Services and want to apply to discharge your organisation’s charges
- Lender Services and want to apply to discharge charges for a new lender
Complete form AFS2
Complete Business e-services application form AFS2, and send it to the address on the form, with the appropriate agreements as described below.
Use existing Variable Direct Debit (VDD) accounts
Your existing VDD accounts will be available for use with any additional services.
If you need additional VDD accounts, you have to complete a new VDD application form and mandate for each additional VDD account you need and send them to us with form AFS2.
You can apply for two additional administrators on form AFS2.
If you need more, download, print and complete the Additional Administrators continuation sheet (AFS4) and send this to us with your AFS2.
If you need to change your responsible person, you must provide details of their replacement, using AFS6.
If your existing responsible person has left the organisation and they also had a business unit administrator account we will delete that account. Please return their security token to us or dispose of it in accordance with Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) environmental legislation.
If they were also an authorised user you should direct one of your business unit administrators to delete that account.
Find more information about the role in the Technical Manual.
Deputy responsible persons
The role of a responsible person and deputy responsible person has been created to assist your organisation with the proper supervision of your employees’ use of our services.
You must provide details for a responsible person. Deputy responsible persons can also be nominated to cover for the responsible person when they are not available or to manage a particular group or office within your organisation. More information about the role in the Technical Manual.
To apply for one or more deputy responsible persons, download, print and complete the form AFS5 and send it to us with AFS2.
Apply for Network Services
Your organisation may also be eligible to use our Network Services which allow you to submit applications electronically. Consider whether your organisation meets the criteria for entry into a Network Access Agreement (NAA), before applying for Network Services.
To apply you must:
- complete two copies of the HM Land Registry Network Access Agreement (NAA)
- enter your organisation’s name and service addresses on both copies and make sure that
- one copy is signed by a person with the authority to sign legal agreements on behalf of your organisation
- the other copy is left unsigned as it will be signed on behalf of the Chief Land Registrar and returned to you when your application has been approved
- send the agreements to us with your form AFS2
Apply for Lender Services
Your organisation may also be eligible to use our Lender Services.
If you are a lender who intends to create and submit electronic discharges on your own behalf, download, complete and return two copies of the Memorandum of Understanding: portal access to cancel registered charges (MoU).
- complete the details of your organisation’s name and address on both copies of the agreement
- leave both copies undated (we will enter the date on both copies if your application is approved)
- sign one copy on behalf of your organisation (the second copy will be signed on behalf of the Chief Land Registrar and returned to you when your application has been approved)
- send the agreements to us with form AFS2
If you are a lender that employs an agent company to submit electronic discharges on your behalf, or an agent acting on behalf of one or more lenders, contact us before submitting your application.
Update your authorised user accounts
If your application is approved your administrators will need to update the role of your authorised users to be able to access your additional services.
The roles and associated privileges for authorised users of Network and Lenders Services can be found in the Technical Manual.
Existing Business e-services customers must complete the documents for the services they are applying for and send to:
Service Access Team
PO Box 650
Service Access Team
We will contact you by email to confirm receipt of your application.
Help and support
If you have a query about applying for additional Business e-services:
- call 0300 006 0411
- email email@example.com