Universal Credit: further information for families
An overview of what Universal Credit means for families and what they will be expected to do in return.
This guide provides basic information about what families need to know if they make a Universal Credit claim.
It includes information about the support available and the steps that people will be expected to take when they make a Universal Credit claim as a family. It covers:
- how Universal Credit supports families
- the help available with childcare costs
- what claimants will be expected to do in return for receiving Universal Credit
Part of the Universal Credit toolkit for partner organisations.
Published: 28 March 2013
Updated: 11 April 2016
- Updated to reflect changes to Universal Credit from April 2016 (English only, Welsh to follow).
- Childcare information updated with the date that help with childcare fees increases to up to 85% under Universal Credit.
- Revised version (June 2015) includes information about what Universal Credit means for Kinship carers.
- Revised version with new information about the roll-out of Universal Credit.
- Revised version includes latest information about Universal Credit.
- Published new version of the guide.
- Updated to include the latest information about the expansion of Universal Credit
- Detail updated to include more information about the content of the document.
- First published.