This is an information leaflet that can be printed out for use by the general public, veterinary or other professional audiences related to animal medicines.
It is an introduction into the work of the VMD who:
- are the regulatory authority that a pharmaceutical company has to apply to so they can sell their medicines
- monitor reports of side effects (adverse events) to veterinary medicines
- enforce rules relating to veterinary medicines regulations
- monitor foodstuffs for traces of veterinary medicines (residues)
- inspect premises where medicines are made, stored and supplied from