Claim a refund on exported Common Agricultural Policy goods (C1222)

Use form C1222 to claim a refund on Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) goods when it isn't possible to enter a CHIEF departure message.


CAP exports certificate of shipment (C1222)

This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.

If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.


Only in exceptional circumstances, send the form to the National Clearance Hub (NCH) with evidence of exportation. If the NCH are satisfied that the goods were exported, they will complete the rest of the form and forward it to the Rural Payments Agency, to consider the refund claim.

Email HMRC to ask for this form in Welsh (Cymraeg).

Import and export: notice of amendment to an export declaration containing a claim to export refund (C1221)
Use form C1221 to report an amendment to a CAP export declaration.

Published 4 April 2014