Dominican Republic Bilateral Programme Fund: Call for Bids 2016
The British Embassy Santo Domingo is pleased to announce a call for proposals for its Bilateral Programme Budget (BPB) for the period 2016-2017.
MS Word Document, 27.4KB
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org . Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
The British Embassy Santo Domingo invites project proposals for 2016 Bilateral Programme Fund. This year’s priority areas are:
- Promoting prosperity. To improve the business climate in the Dominican Republic, promoting sustainable economic development, and open markets for the UK, by:
- supporting the fight against corruption, promoting transparency and open government,
- promoting the reduction of contraband and counterfeit goods,
- promoting reforms to improve judicial security for investors,
- increasing the efficiency of customs and approval of medical and other import licences,
- assisting the Dominican Republic’s development of energy and water sectors, based on UK expertise,
- promoting responsible business practices and voluntary principles.
- Human Rights, Democracy, Governance. Promote good governance, and further inclusion of under-represented groups into DR society, by:
- supporting Dominican Republic Police and Prison reforms,
- increasing disaster management capacity and preparedness,
- promoting the inclusion of women, children, older people, people with disability, LGBT people and ethnic minorities,
- promoting freedom of religion or belief, freedom of expression, protection of journalists and their access to public information
- supporting economic development of under-represented groups, including through entrepreneurship and co-operatives,
- tackling modern day slavery,
- Strengthening public administration and civil society
The deadline for bids is 11 July 2016. Please forward applications to: UK.inDominicanRepublic@fco.gov.uk with the subject 2016 Bilateral Programme Fund.
- Maximum project cost is GBP £10,000 or 650,000 Dominican Pesos
- All project activity must be completed before 16 December 2016.
- Administrative costs cannot be included. We cannot fund transport, food, per diems, or staff salaries.
- If the project requires the support from a Ministry or entity affiliated with the Dominican State, a letter of support from them for the project is required.
- The Embassy will disburse funds after activity takes place, not in advance. The embassy will require documentation for all project activity (eg receipts) for audit purposes.
- Preselected projects will be invited to make a presentation before the Embassy’s Bilateral Programme Budget Board. This includes the presence of a governmental/related entity representative.
- Due to the large number of bids received, we may not be able to give detailed feedback to unsuccessful bids.
- Projects that do not meet with the terms agreed upon in the contract, whose monitoring proves difficult or cannot justify expenses in due course, will be cancelled.