List of temporary derogations from ADR and RID.
Chapter 1.5 of ADR and RID allows contracting parties to agree temporary derogations from ADR/RID between themselves. The page on International transport of dangerous goods explains multilateral agreements (MAs).
The MAs downloadable from this page are current ones which the UK has signed. If carrying dangerous goods in accordance with a MA, a copy of it must be carried on the vehicle. See also authorisations, which implement certain MAs domestically.
Intergovernmental Organisation for International Carriage by Rail (OTIF) multilateral agreements
Roads multilateral agreements
- ADR M253 (PDF, 45KB) Carriage of fuel oil, heavy, and fuel oil, residual. Valid until: 31 December 2017. Mode: Roads
- ADR M264 (PDF, 252KB) Carriage of marking of bundle cylinders. Valid until: 31 December 2014. Mode: Roads
- ADR M265 (PDF, 451KB) Carriage of special provision S12. Valid until: 1 January 2015. Mode: Roads
- ADR M266 (PDF, 414KB) Carriage of explosive substances and articles belonging to the Armed Forces set to be destroyed. Valid until: 1 August 2018. Mode: Roads
- ADR M267 (PDF, 416KB) Carriage of cylinders used on board a ship of aircraft. Valid until: 31 December 2014. Mode: Roads
ADR M237 (PDF, 50KB)
Carriage of different gases danger of Class 2 in US Department of Transportation cylinders in relation to 18.104.22.168. Valid until 1 June 2016.
ADR M212 (PDF, 422KB)
Carriage of UN 0335 and UN 0336 fireworks. Valid until: 14 August 2014.