This note gives guidance on the transportation of small mixed waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) from collection points to processing facilities.
WEEE items include:
- small household appliances
- IT and communications equipment
- power tools
- sports equipment
- medical devices
- control instruments
- smoke detectors
The note doesn’t cover:
- cathode ray tubes
- flat screen televisions and monitors
- refrigeration equipment
- large domestic appliances and fluorescent lamps
- items from ‘bring banks’
- items collected as part of kerbside recycling collection rounds
This guidance was issued on 15 February 2017.
See further guidance notes regarding the transportation of dangerous goods.