The HRDP is the FCO’s dedicated fund supporting human rights and democracy work overseas. The programme aims to make a difference to people’s lives, helping to build the capacity of governments and civil society to promote and protect human rights.
The target areas for Armenia 2014/15 are:
- Promotion and protection of freedom of expression
- Women’s rights (discriminatory laws, prevention of violence, increased participation)
- Business and human rights (corporate respect for human rights)
- Promotion of transparency and accountability
The majority of funding will be allocated to Priority countries. Please be aware that Armenia is not on the list of priority countries for HRD fund, however, project proposals from non-priority countries are also welcomed. Considering this fact only those project proposals which can prove to have high impact will be shortlisted.
Bids will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Value for money
- Evidence of local demand/need
- Project viability, including capacity of implementing organisation(s)
- Project design, including clear, achievable objectives/outputs
- Good risk and stakeholder management
Please send the completed concept note to email@example.com by 16 March 2014.