Date: Thursday 19 October 2017
Venue: Stadium Rajko Mitić (Red Star) - Belgrade
Kick off time: 7pm (local time)
As well as this advice, check out our travel advice for Serbia
Passports, visas and insurance
- you don’t need a visa to travel to Serbia, however you should make sure your passport is valid for the duration of your stay
- remember to take out travel insurance, even if you’re only going for one night - it could save you a lot of money if you get into difficulties. European Health Insurance Cards (EHIC) aren’t valid in Serbia
- you don’t have to carry your passport on your person while in Serbia but you should carry a copy if the authorities ask to see ID
- if you lose your passport you’ll need to make an appointment with the Consular Section in Belgrade to apply for an Emergency Travel Document. You’ll need to fill out the application online, have one passport size photo and pay online (£100). If your passport is stolen you’ll also need to provide a police report. If you aren’t able to apply online you need to go to the Embassy Consular Section during working hours and the consular staff will be able to assist you
Getting to the stadium
The address for the stadium is Ljutice Bogdana 1a, 11000 Belgrade. For further information please visit the stadium website.
You should refer to the Arsenal website for detailed information about ticket booking, and for the meeting point and transfer to and from the stadium.
At the match
Advice for when you’re at the match
- access to the stadium might be slow; there will be ticket checks; body searches may take place at the entrance to the turnstiles
- no glass or plastic bottles, cans, poles, flares and pyrotechnics, video cameras allowed
- alcohol is banned within the stadium and the surrounding area
As in any other city beware of pickpockets and bag snatchers at airports, railway stations, around the town centre and when using public transport. Only carry what you need and leave spare cash and valuables in hotel safety deposits.
British Embassy address
Telephone +381 11 306 0900 (also for out of hours emergencies)
Office hours: 0800-1630 Monday to Thursday and 0800-1300 Fridays
Emergency services numbers
The police can be contacted on 192, ambulance 194 and the fire brigade on 193.