Commercial fishing vessel licence application form
Use this form to apply for a licence for a British-registered fishing vessel.
Forms for Producer Organisations (PO) to communicate vessel changes and quotas swaps
Use the Domestic Quota Swap Form to apply for quota to be swapped or leased from one producer organisation to another PO, group or individual fisherman. Producer organisations should use the PO1 form to notify the department of vessels joining or leaving their PO as soon as the change takes place.
Give prior notification to land fish in the EU
You'll need to give prior notification before you land fish directly from your UK flagged vessel in an EU designated port.
Fixed quota allocation units
Details and forms for transferring fixed quota allocation units and getting a new holding statement.
Fish and land nephrops: vessels 10 metres and under
Vessels 10 metres and under must notify how much nephrops they caught and landed from areas IIa, IV, VI and VII for each trip each week.
Guidance and regulation
- Create a UK catch certificate
- Fishing vessel licence variations
- Create a UK processing statement
- Current catch limits: 10 metres and under non-sector pool
- Fishing vessel licence requirements
News and communications
Research and statistics
- Vessel lists over 10 metres
- Western Channel Cuttlefish report: December 2018–June 2019
- R046 - Predicting Fishing effort and impact
- Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science – Research at Cefas
- Effort statistics July 2019
Policy papers and consultations
- January 2020 catch limit consultation
- November 2019 catch limit consultation
- October 2019 catch limit consultation
- September 2019 catch limit consultation
- Fisheries: cod, haddock, saithe, whiting, plaice and herring management in the North Sea
Transparency and freedom of information releases
- Marine Management Organisation (MMO): gender pay gap report 2020
- European Maritime and Fisheries Fund (EMFF) implementation reports
- UK Government Blue Belt programme: Overseas Territories work plans and project costs
- Marine Management Organisation (MMO): gender pay gap report 2019
- Marine Management Organisation (MMO): gender pay gap report 2018