Academies severance payments form
EFA form for academy trusts to seek prior approval for non-contractual payments of or over £50,000.
School procurement: expression of interest form
This document includes a blank expression of interest (EOI) form that schools can use to send to suppliers of goods and services.
Alternative provision free school financial template
A tool to help alternative provision (AP) free schools plan their budget.
Register as a schools financial health checks supplier
Register to be added to the directory of schools financial health checks suppliers.
Guidance and regulation
- Academies accounts return
- Academies Financial Handbook
- Academies Accounts Direction
- ESFA Update: 5 December 2018
- Buying for schools
News and communications
Research and statistics
- Academies LGPS pension arrangements
- Academy trusts with a revenue surplus or deficit: 2016 to 2017
- Academy transfers and funding England financial year 2017 to 2018
- Risk protection arrangement (RPA) actuarial analysis
- Income and expenditure in academies in England: 2015 to 2016
Policy papers and consultations
- Academy saves £800,000 and improves student outcomes
- Sharing support staff across schools in a multi-academy trust
- Curriculum-led budget planning puts pupil outcomes first
- Strategic deployment of staff makes school more efficient
- Risk protection arrangement (RPA) for academies
Transparency and freedom of information releases
- Financial management and governance review: Stratton Education Trust
- Financial management and governance reviews: Wakefield City Academies Trust
- Investigation report: Education for the 21st Century
- Academies consolidated annual report and accounts: 2016 to 2017
- Academy trusts: late financial returns 2017 to 2018