Extra help

Check on the student finance calculator to see what extra help you might be able to get.

Students on a low income

You can apply for:

Students with children or dependent adults

You can apply for:

Disabled students

If you have a disability, long-term health condition, mental health condition or specific learning difficulty (such as dyslexia) you can apply for:

You may also qualify for disability related benefits.

Medical, social work and teacher training students

You can apply for:

Students studying abroad

You might get a grant to cover some travel expenses if you normally live in England but study away from home.

Help from your university or college

Many universities and colleges offer extra money directly to students.

Funding from charitable trusts

Use the Turn2us grant search to check whether you qualify for funding from a charitable trust.

Further information

2017 to 2018 academic year