56 services


Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC)

sorted by Most viewed
  • Apply for a European Health Insurance Card

    Apply for or renew your free European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) online.

  • Get a prescription prepayment certificate

    NHS Business Services Authority contact number for ordering prepaid prescriptions for 3 or 12 months at a cheaper rate than single prescriptions

  • Avoid and report internet scams and phishing

    Find out how internet scams work and what to be aware of - misleading websites, report website fraud, suspicious communication and phishing

  • When a mental health condition becomes a disability

    If you have a long-term mental health condition you may be considered disabled under the Equality Act 2010

  • Healthy Start

    Healthy Start is a voucher scheme for women who have young children or who are pregnant and receiving benefits - what you'll get, eligibility and applying

  • NHS bursaries

    NHS bursary and grants for medicine, dentistry and healthcare courses

  • Get help with NHS prescriptions and health costs

    Check if you can get free NHS prescriptions, dental treatment or eye tests - or help with other NHS costs

  • Smoking at work: the law

    The law on smoking in the workplace and what businesses must do to prevent smoking at work

  • Carers UK

    Get advice and support for carers and the people they care for - telephone, email, opening hours, website

  • If your child is taken into care

    What happens when a child is taken into care - who is responsible for what, care proceedings, care orders, going to court and the role of Cafcass

  • Deprivation of liberty safeguards: resources

    Resources for local authorities to support their roles as supervisory bodies for the Mental Capacity Act Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS).

  • Legal rights for egg and sperm donors

    If you're a sperm donor, you could be the legal parent of any child that is born

  • Apply to the Mental Health Tribunal

    Appealing to a Mental Health Tribunal if you're sectioned: how to appeal, what happens at a hearing and what to do if you lose your case

  • Register as a physiotherapist

    You must register with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) to practice as a physiotherapist or physical therapist in the UK

  • Registration of domiciliary care agencies (England)

    You need to register with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) to operate a domiciliary care agency in England in order to provide care in a person's home

  • General practice physical activity questionnaire (GPPAQ)

    Screening tool used in routine general practice to provide a simple physical activity index.

  • VCSE health and wellbeing fund 2019 to 2020: how to apply

    Voluntary, community and social enterprise (VCSE) organisations can apply for funding to run projects focused on improving children and young people’s mental health.

  • Abortion notification forms for England and Wales

    Guidance and forms (HSA1, HSA2 and HSA4) for recording information about abortions in England and Wales.

  • Registration of residential care homes (England)

    You need to register with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) to run a residential care home for adults in England

  • Child death reviews: forms for reporting child deaths

    Forms to help child death overview panels (CDOPs) assess the causes of a child’s death as part of the child death review process.