Use this service to order free packs of rapid lateral flow tests to be sent to your home.
Who this service is for
You can only use this service if:
- you do not have coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms
- you’re 11 or older
- you have not been told to self-isolate
- you cannot get tests from your work, school, college or university (ask them for rapid lateral flow tests)
If you’re not sure, you can find out which COVID-19 test you should get.
Ordering for someone else
Anyone in your household can use the tests. You do not need to order one pack for each person.
If you’re ordering for another household, for example a relative in your bubble, you should:
- do it separately from your household order
- use their contact details, and email address if they have one
Booking tests if you’re arriving in England from abroad
You cannot use this service to book the 2 tests you need to take when you’re in quarantine.
You must book a test from a private provider.
Order rapid lateral flow tests
You can order one pack per day. A pack contains 7 tests.
What you need to know
Other ways to get rapid lateral flow tests
You might be able to:
- collect tests from a test site
- collect tests from a pharmacy (in England only)
- get a test at a site
If you’re collecting tests, you can collect 2 packs at a time (14 tests in total).
Order by phone
If you cannot order online, call 119.
Lines are open 7am to 11pm and calls are free.
After your test packs arrive
- take a rapid lateral flow test twice a week (every 3 or 4 days)
- report rapid lateral flow test results the day you or someone in your household takes the test, no matter what the result is
Children who go to primary school or younger children do not need to test.
If a test result is positive
If you or anyone in your household tests positive:
Everyone in the household must self-isolate immediately.
The person who tests positive must get a PCR test to confirm the result (a PCR test is a different type of COVID-19 test).
How rapid lateral flow tests work
Around 1 in 3 people with COVID-19 do not have symptoms.
Rapid lateral flow tests help to find cases in people who may have no symptoms but are still infectious and can give the virus to others.
The test usually involves taking a sample from your tonsils (or where they would have been) and from your nose, using a swab. You can get a result in 30 minutes.