Order coronavirus (COVID-19) rapid lateral flow tests
You might be eligible to order a free pack of rapid lateral flow tests to be sent to your home.
Use this service to:
- check if you’re eligible to order rapid lateral flow tests
- order rapid lateral flow tests to be sent to your home if you’re eligible
You cannot use this service to book tests for travel. Find out what you need to do if you’re travelling abroad.
Order rapid lateral flow tests online
You can order one pack every 3 days if you’re eligible. A pack contains 7 tests.
Your test pack will usually arrive within 3 days. It might take longer during busy periods, public holidays or Royal Mail industrial action days.
Ordering for someone else
Anyone in your household can use the tests if they’re eligible. You do not need to order one pack for each person.
If you’re ordering for another household, you should:
- do it separately from your household order
- use their details, including their email address if they have one
Check your eligibility and order online
You’ll need an email address to order rapid lateral flow tests online.
After you’ve ordered
You’ll get an email confirming your order. You’ll also get an email or text from Royal Mail that explains how to track your order or change your delivery.
Get help with your order
Call 119 if:
- you’re eligible to order rapid lateral flow tests and you cannot use the online service
- your test pack does not arrive within 5 days of ordering
Calls are free from mobiles and landlines.
Lines are open:
- Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm
- Saturday and Sunday, 9am to 1pm
119 provides support in 200 languages.
SignVideo is a free online British Sign Language (BSL) interpreter service for 119.
If you are blind or partially sighted, you can use the free Be My Eyes app to get help from trained NHS Test and Trace staff. Download the app, go to ‘Specialized Help’ and select ‘NHS Test & Trace’ in the ‘Personal Health’ category.
Other ways to get rapid lateral flow tests
- where to get rapid lateral flow tests in Scotland
- where to get rapid lateral flow tests in Northern Ireland
If you have a problem with your test kit
If anything in your COVID-19 test kit was missing or damaged, or you were harmed using the test kit, report the problem online or call 119.
Do not use the test kit if any part of it is missing or damaged.
After you’ve taken your test
Report rapid lateral flow test results the day you or someone in your household takes the test, no matter what the result is.
Find out what you need to do:
- if your result is positive in England
- if your result is positive in Scotland
- if your result is positive in Wales
- if your result is positive in Northern Ireland
If you need medical advice about your symptoms
Get help at:
- England: NHS 111 online COVID-19 service
- Scotland: NHS inform
- Wales: NHS 111 Wales
- Northern Ireland: get advice from a GP or GP out-of-hours service
Call 999 if you feel very unwell or think there’s something seriously wrong.
How rapid lateral flow tests work
The test usually involves taking a sample from your throat and nose, or from your nose only, using a swab.
You get a result in 10 to 30 minutes depending on the type of rapid lateral flow test you’ve taken. The test kit instructions will tell you the time you need to wait before reading your result.