A health and social care assessment is carried out by social services to find out what help and support you need - like healthcare, equipment, help in your home or residential care.
What you need to know
- Available in England and Wales only
Services can include:
- home care help with things like cleaning and shopping
- disability equipment and adaptations to your home
- day centres to give you or the person who cares for you a break
- day care for your child
- help with parenting, such as parenting classes
- care homes
Your local NHS service, Citizens Advice Bureau or a charity might be able to help you apply for a needs assessment.