Skip to main content

Search all content

1,560 results

1,560 results sorted by Most viewed
From Valuation Office Agency (VOA)
  • Check your Council Tax band

    Find out the Council Tax band for a property, register any changes to the property or challenge the band in England or Wales by looking up the property's address or postcode online

  • Apply for Council Tax Reduction

    Apply to your local council for Council Tax Reduction if you're on a low income or benefits - this replaced Council Tax Benefit

  • Find a business rates valuation

    How to find the rateable value of a business property: compare it with other properties and challenge your property’s rateable value if it’s in Wales.

  • How Council Tax works

    Your Council Tax bill - how to work it out, who has to pay, discounts and exemptions for students and disabled people, second homes, empty properties, paying the bill and getting the Council Tax rebate.

  • Valuation Office Agency

    The home of Valuation Office Agency on GOV.UK. The Valuation Office Agency (VOA) gives the government the valuations and property advice needed to support taxation and benefits.

  • Business rates

    Business rates are charged on most non-domestic properties - who has to pay, how your rates are calculated, getting a revaluation, what to do if your premises change.

  • Send your rent, lease or ownership details to the Valuation Office Agency

    Use this service to send your lease and rent details to the Valuation Office Agency (VOA) if you've been contacted by them

  • Estimate your business rates

    Estimate your business rates by multiplying the rateable value of your business property by a multiplier value set by the government.

  • Start paying Council Tax

    How to set up a new Council Tax account on a property you have recently moved into.

  • Business rates valuation account: sign in or set up

    Check the rateable value and report changes to your property in England: challenge your property’s rateable value if you disagree with it.

  • Private renting

    Private renting as a tenant - repairs, rent increases and arrears, settling disputes, deposits and your rights and responsibilities.

  • How domestic properties are assessed for Council Tax bands

    The Valuation Office Agency (VOA) explains how domestic properties are valued for Council Tax bands.

  • Renting out your property

    Landlord responsibilities when renting out your property, including making repairs, health and safety, increasing the rent and changing regulated tenancies.

  • Business rates relief

    You may be eligible for discounts on your business rates - business rates relief, how to apply

  • Contact VOA

    Find contact details for the Valuation Office Agency in England and Wales

  • Local Housing Allowance

    How Local Housing Allowance rates are set and used to work out Housing Benefit.

  • Challenge your Council Tax band

    How to challenge your Council Tax band if you think you're paying too much Council Tax because your band is wrong.

  • Running a business from home

    Running a business from home - insurance, business rates, expenses, tax allowances

  • Check and challenge your business rates valuation: step by step

    How to use a business rates valuation account to report changes to your business property or if you think your rateable value is too high.

  • Local Housing Allowance (LHA) rates

    Tables showing the method used to produce the Local Housing Allowance rates in accordance with statute.