You need to send the Valuation Office Agency (VOA) information about your business property if they’ve asked you to.
You could be taken to court if you submit false information.
You’ll need details about the following:
- your lease or agreement, including any rent review or rent free periods (or any tenant’s details if you’re the owner)
- any sub-lettings
- any changes you’ve made to the property, including costs
- your rent, including when your rent was fixed
- your landlord, if you’re a tenant
This service is also available in Welsh (Cymraeg).
It takes about 20 minutes to use this service.
You don’t have to complete it in one go. You can save what you’ve done and return to finish later on.
If you need help
Contact the VOA team in your area for help with using the service.
You can find their contact details on the letter sent by the VOA.
You can send the business property details by post if the business is a:
- caravan site
- gas network
- hotel, guest house or holiday home
- livestock market
- market place
- mineral dealer
- motorway service station
- petrol station
- pub, bar or restaurant that sells alcohol
- sports ground or animal race course
- stately home
- telecom network, mast or station
- timeshare complex