It takes about 5 minutes to use this service. If it looks like you qualify, you can order a tax credits claim form.

You’ll need a rough idea of your income (before tax and National Insurance is taken off) for the tax years 2015 to 2016 and 2016 to 2017.

You can’t use this service if you’ve reached Pension Credit qualifying age. Call the Tax Credit Helpline instead.

Use the more detailed tax credits calculator instead if:

  • you get the highest rate Care Component of Disability Living Allowance
  • you get the higher rate of Attendance Allowance
  • your partner has a disability
  • you get the Enhanced Daily Living Component of Personal Independence Payment

You need to make a claim to find out for definite if you qualify and how much you’ll get.

Start now