The Bilateral Programme Fund seeks to create real, measurable outcomes in support of the UK’s foreign policy goals.
OPEN CALL FOR BIDS
The Europe Directorate Bilateral Programme Fund
The bidding round for the Bilateral Programme Fund (BPF) for Financial Year 2016-2017 is now closed
Bilateral Programme Fund (BPF):
The Bilateral Programme Fund (BPF) helps support reform in the Western Balkans and Turkey. The BPF funds projects between £10,000 and £80,000 and above £80,000 aimed at supporting FCO strategic priorities and individual Post objectives. The UK is a strong supporter of reforms in Turkey which would enable harmonisation with the EU and applicant organisations are advised to consider the areas underlined in the EU progress reports in preparing their bids.
The BPF project bids are shortlisted at Post by the Project Selection Committee and then evaluated for funding by the London Programme Board. To apply for FCO funding, interested organisations must submit a project proposal and activity based budget (please see below) to the Embassy’s Project Section. This will provide the basic information required to enable the Project Selection Committee to make an assessment on whether or not the proposal will be short listed.
All projects submitted must directly support at least one of the priority objectives. The objectives for 2016/17 financial year of the Bilateral Programme Fund are as follows:
A. Enable strong rule of law, including through strengthening reforms in the justice sector, countering corruption, organised crime and promoting human rights,
B. Establish and promote proper functioning core institutions to support democratic governance and economic reform in Turkey,
C. Support enhanced political dialogue and regional conflict resolution.
All Bilateral Programme Fund projects must clearly demonstrate how they:
- Support these priorities,
- Deliver value for money (VfM),
- Meet OECD criteria for Official Development Assistance (ODA) funding,
- Aim to complete 90% ODA spend by the end of December 2016.
Managerial and Financial Aspects:
- Any organisation can apply for funding. We do not accept project bids submitted by individuals.
- We do not support multi-year projects and all project activities must be completed within the stated financial year.
- Please note that we cannot make pre-payments; successful bidders should make the payment and then ask us to reimburse these expenses. The implementer should be able to receive money transfers from us.
- Organisations must prove that they are able to manage the project sum in a satisfactory manner; the Embassy may request reports by auditors.
We regret that we are unable to fund:
- academic courses,
- charitable activities,
- commercial activities,
- infrastructure or construction projects,
- Humanitarian aid.
- A partnership framework to support the broader engagement of a project can strengthen your bid.
- Other sources of funding should be specified in the project bid,
- British Embassy’s profile in the project must be guaranteed.
Evaluation of project bids:
- The application must relate to one or more of the priority objectives;
- The aims should be concise, feasible and sustainable;
- The expected outcomes should be measurable;
- The target group should be clearly defined and involved in project implementation.
Approval, contract and reporting:
If the project is approved, the applicant will be given two copies of the contract, outlining the conditions of the grant. One signed copy must be returned to the British Embassy in Ankara.
The Embassy will require monthly financial reports and quarterly project progress reports from implementers. The first payment will be made upon the receipt of monthly financial report. When the project has been completed the implementer shall prepare and send a final report to the Embassy within the period specified in the contract.
Implementation time frame:
Successful applicants will implement their projects from April until February. All payment requests should be finalised in the first week of March, so please plan accordingly.
If you require further information, please contact the projects team at the Embassy:
Özge Manyas, E-mail: Ozge.Manyas@fco.gov.uk
Neşedil Akkerman, E-mail: Nese.Akkerman@fco.gov.uk
Serra Sutekin, E-mail: Serra.Sutekin@fco.gov.uk