Universal Credit videos
These explain how Universal Credit works and how it supports claimants in getting back to work.
Universal Credit is a new benefit that supports people who are on a low income or out of work, and helps ensure that they are better off in work than on benefits.
These promotional videos are part of a collection of Universal Credit information.
What is Universal Credit? – video
This short film explains how Universal Credit works, including:
- how it helps to make work pay
- the support claimants get
- what’s expected in return
Universal Credit helps you into work
This video explains how Universal Credit helps you into work quickly, whether it’s full-time, part-time or temporary work. Universal Credit can top up your earnings and help you with childcare costs, no matter how many hours a week you work.
Universal Credit: Managing Your Money
This short film introduces the support that’s available with Universal Credit to help you manage your money.
Published: 11 February 2015
Updated: 20 May 2015
- Added Universal Credit helps you into work video.
- Revised version of 'How will Universal Credit make work pay?' video - updated following changes to benefit rates in April 2015.
- First published.