© Crown copyright 2016
This publication is licensed under the terms of the Open Government Licence v3.0 except where otherwise stated. To view this licence, visit nationalarchives.gov.uk/doc/open-government-licence/version/3 or write to the Information Policy Team, The National Archives, Kew, London TW9 4DU, or email: email@example.com.
Where we have identified any third party copyright information you will need to obtain permission from the copyright holders concerned.
This publication is available at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/universal-credit-and-other-benefits-quick-guide/extra-support-for-universal-credit-claimants
1. Other support you may be entitled to
If you receive Universal Credit you may also be able to get some extra support. Click on the links below for more information about other services that you may be able to receive.
Whether you can receive this extra support will depend on your personal circumstances and where you live.
- help with health costs, including prescriptions and dental treatment
- Healthy Start vouchers if you’re pregnant or have a child under four years old – call 0345 607 6823 for advice
- free school meals
- free early education for two–year–olds
- help with prison visiting costs
- help with the costs of using courts or tribunals
- legal aid
- Energy Company Obligation (ECO) Affordable Warmth
- Disabled Facilities Grants
- Sure Start Maternity Grants
- Cold Weather Payments
- Funeral Payments
- BT Basic offers a low cost phone package for claimants on specific government benefits, or there is KCOM for claimants who live in the Hull City Council or East Riding local authority areas
2. Support if you live in Scotland or Wales
The extra support you could receive may be slightly different. Please click on the links below for more information: