- HM Revenue & Customs
- Part of:
- HM Revenue and Customs: leaflets, factsheets and booklets and Tax credits
- 2 April 2014
- Last updated:
- 6 April 2017, see all updates
A factsheet is about the penalties you may get if your claim for tax credits is not correct.
Ref: WTC7 PDF, 299KB, 2 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This factsheet is for anyone who may be charged a penalty after we have made a check on their tax credits claim. It does not tell you everything about penalties, but it does tell you what is likely to happen and what you can do if we charge you a penalty.
Published: 2 April 2014
Updated: 6 April 2017
- The 2017 to 2018 version of this form has been published.
- Annual updates available for 2016 to 2017 tax year. New version available in Welsh.
- The 2015 to 2016 form has been added to this page.
- First published.