This notice explains the UK requirements for the warehousing of excise goods held in duty suspension within the UK.
This notice cancels and replaces Notice 196 (February 2017). Details of any changes to the previous version can be found in section 1.2 of this notice.
Published: 23 October 2014
Updated: 28 November 2017
- The number for faxing documents in section 14 has been updated.
- The contact addresses in section 14 have been updated.
- The postal address has changed, National Registration Unit (NRU) has changed to Excise Processing Teams (EPT) throughout the notice. Glossary and section 14 have been updated to reflect changes effective from January 2017.
- Criteria that must be met by person or business who are applying for approval, or already approved as an authorised warehousekeeper/excise warehouse, registered owner or duty representative.
- Revised Notice 196 (October 2014). This notice cancels and replaces Notice 196 (October 2012). Details of any changes to the previous version can be found in paragraph 1.2 of this notice.
- First published.