Check if an alcohol wholesaler is approved

If you buy alcohol to sell on, you must check that the wholesaler or producer you buy it from is approved.

You can be fined or go to prison if you buy alcohol from a wholesaler who is not approved.

You do not need to check if you’re an individual buying alcohol for a one-off event, such as a party once a year. You still need to get a licence to sell alcohol, known as a Temporary Events Notice.

You need to check wholesalers from the Isle of Man separately.

This service is also available in Welsh (Cymraeg).

Start now on the Alcohol Wholesaler Registration Scheme (AWRS)

Before you start

You need the wholesaler or producer’s Unique Reference Number (URN). This should be printed on their invoices. Contact them if you cannot find it.