Armed forces pensions on divorce and dissolution of civil partnerships
Pension sharing rules of the Armed Forces Pension Schemes (AFPS) and Reserve Forces Pensions Schemes (RFPS).
Ref: MMP 131 PDF, 354KB
The main features of pension sharing and its administrative treatment within the rules of the Armed Forces Pension Schemes (AFPS) and Reserve Forces Pensions Schemes (RFPS) are explained within the guidance document on this page. The ‘Pensions on divorce and dissolution of civil partnerships’ booklet provides further information.
A valuation of the sharable pension benefits (Cash Equivalent Transfer Value) in the pension scheme will be calculated using the ‘AFPS factors for divorce pension calculations 20 December 2011’ tables.
Details of the charges relating to pensions on divorce/dissolution are available in the charging regime document.
Published: 30 August 2013
Updated: 31 July 2017
- Updated information on Cash Equivalent Transfer Value (CETV).
- SPVA amended to Veterans UK
- Added update MMP 131 booklet.
- Replaced the charging regime with the latest information
- Updated AFPS pension sharing on divorce: factors for divorce calculations to the March 2016 edition.
- Added new version of Pension on divorce or dissolution of a civil partnership Charging regime and link to Pension forms.
- First published.