Office of the Public Guardian
- Make a lasting power of attorney
- Use a lasting power of attorney
- View a lasting power of attorney
- How to make, register or end a lasting power of attorney
- Deputies: act on behalf of someone who lacks mental capacity
- Complete the deputy report online
- Manage a missing person's finances and property
- Report a concern about an attorney, deputy or guardian
Amy Holmes appointed as Public Guardian
Amy Holmes has been appointed as the new Public Guardian for England and Wales and Chief Executive of the Office of the Public Guardian.
The process of managing a loved one’s affairs will be strengthened and modernised under major reforms announced by the government today
About our services
About our services
Allow up to 20 weeks for your LPA application to be processed.
Office of the Public Guardian business plan: 2021 to 2022
The Office of the Public Guardian’s business plan sets out the agency’s priorities for 2021 to 2022.
Here’s part 2 of our most frequently asked questions to make your life a little easier when creating an LPA.
OPG annual report and accounts 2021 to 2022
Report and accounts showing who paid for Office of the Public Guardian and how those funds were spent.
Latest from the Office of the Public Guardian
What we do
Office of the Public Guardian (OPG) helps people in England and Wales to stay in control of decisions about their health and finance and make important decisions for others who cannot decide for themselves.
OPG is an executive agency, sponsored by the Ministry of Justice.
ServicesSee all services
News and communicationsSee all news and communications
Research and statisticsSee all research and statistics
Policy papers and consultationsSee all policy papers and consultations
Transparency and freedom of information releasesSee all transparency and freedom of information releases
0300 456 0300
0115 934 2778
0870 739 5780
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 9:30am to 5pm
Wednesday 10am to 5pm
Make an FOI request
- Read about the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act and how to make a request.
- Check our previous releases to see if we’ve already answered your question.
- Make a new request by contacting us using the details below.
Freedom of information requests
Postal Point 10.25
102 Petty France
Jobs and contracts
Read about the types of information we routinely publish in our Publication scheme. Find out about our commitment to publishing in Welsh. Our Personal information charter explains how we treat your personal information. Read our policy on Social media use. Find out About our services.