OPG's social media policy
OPG’s Twitter Policy
If you follow us on Twitter you can expect tweets covering some or all of the following:
- alerts about new content (for example, news, press notices, publications, videos, information about our services, ministerial speeches, publicity campaigns)
- information about our chief executive
- occasional live coverage of events
- retweets from our partner organisations and others
Use of our Twitter accounts is bound by the Civil Service Code. We cannot engage on issues of party politics. In line with the Civil Service Code, OPG staff will not use their personal Twitter profiles to engage in public debate about government policy or party political matters.
Unfortunately we are unable to answer specific questions regarding individual LPA applications or concerns about particular deputies or attorneys on Twitter. Please call our customer services team on 0300 456 0300 who will be happy to help you.
- We will not automatically follow you back. Being followed by us does not imply endorsement of any kind.
- We may refer to existing hashtags that are in common use. This is in order to categorise messages for ease of reference. It does not imply endorsement of any kind.
- We will update and monitor our Twitter accounts from 09:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays. We will occasionally update and monitor our accounts outside of these times. Twitter may occasionally be unavailable and we accept no responsibility for lack of service due to Twitter downtime.
- All media queries should be directed to the Ministry of Justice (MoJ) press office on 020 3334 3536.
@messages and direct messages
We welcome feedback and ideas from all our followers. However, we are not always able to reply individually to all of the messages we receive.
We will review @messages and direct messages and try to make sure that any emerging themes or helpful suggestions are passed to the relevant people in our organisation. The usual ways of contacting us are detailed in the contact us section on our GOV.UK homepage.