Report a concern about an attorney, deputy or guardian

Contact the Office of the Public Guardian if you have concerns about:

Your concern could be about, for example, the misuse of money or decisions that are not in the best interests of the person they’re responsible for.

This guide is also available in Welsh (Cymraeg).

How to report

Include in your report:

  • the donor or client’s details (including full name, address and date of birth)
  • the date you first noticed the concern
  • any evidence you have to support the concern – for example, financial records
  • what you know about the donor or client’s mental capacity, including copies of any mental capacity reports or names of who might have these
  • your contact details

If you do not have all of this information, you can still report a concern.

The Office of the Public Guardian will then check if it has the legal authority to investigate.

Office of the Public Guardian
Telephone: 0115 934 2777
Textphone: 0115 934 2778
Monday to Friday, 9:30am to 5pm
Wednesday, 10am to 5pm
Find out about call charges

Office of the Public Guardian
PO Box 16185
B2 2WH

Other ways to report a concern

You can also contact:

Call 999 if someone is in immediate danger or your local police if you think someone has committed a criminal offence.