Statistics at MHCLG
MHCLG publishes statistics relating to deprivation, housing and homelessness, local government finance, planning performance and land use.
The Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG) produce statistics in accordance with the statutory and other arrangements described in the guide to national and official statistics.
Latest statistical releases
The latest statistics releases and live tables published by MHCLG.
Forthcoming statistical releases
The planned publication dates over the coming year for all of MHCLG’s official statistics releases.
- Affordable housing supply
- Building Safety Programme data releases
- Dwelling stock (including vacants)
- Energy Performance of Buildings Certificates
- English Housing Survey
- Help to Buy equity loan statistics
- Homelessness statistics
- Household projections
- Housing market
- Housing supply: indicators of new supply
- Housing supply: net additional dwellings
- Leasehold dwellings
- Local authority housing data
- Social housing lettings
- Social housing sales (including Right to Buy and transfers)
- Traveller caravan count
Local government finance
- Borrowing and investments
- Council Tax
- Council Taxbase
- Local authority capital expenditure, receipts and financing
- Local authority revenue expenditure and financing
- Local government finance statistics – England (compendium)
- Local government finance live tables
- Local government pension scheme
- National non-domestic rates collected by councils
- Quarterly revenue outturn for local authorities
Planning and land use
- Generalised Land Use Database statistics
- Green belt statistics
- Land use change statistics
- Land use in England statistics
- Minerals surveys
- Planning applications statistics
Ad hoc analyses and statistics
Additional statistical analyses that have not been previously included in any of our standard statistical releases.
MHCLG are interested in understanding more about how our statistics and data are used and the decisions they inform. This is important for us so we can provide a high quality service which meets users’ needs.
Please send feedback on the following areas to the appropriate email address:
- Housing supply and dwelling stock: Housing.Statistics@communities.gov.uk
- Planning applications, land use and the green belt: Planning.Statistics@communities.gov.uk
- Local government finance statistics: LGFstats@communities.gov.uk
- Homelessness statistics: HomelessnessStats@communities.gov.uk
This site contains statistics published since May 2010. Statistical releases published before May 2010 can be found on the National Archive.
Pre-release access to official statistics
The principles and rules governing UK government ministers and officials’ access to official statistics in their final form before publication are set out in The Pre-release Access to Official Statistics Order 2008. This order forms part of the Code of Practice for Official Statistics against which key statistics are assessed for compliance by the UK Statistics Authority.
Ministers and officials who have received pre-release access for briefing purposes to any of the official statistics released by MHCLG are identified in the pre-release access lists.
Corporate procedures and standards
In accordance with the UK Statistics Authority’s Code of Practice for Official Statistics, MHCLG follows the arrangements set out in the publications listed below.
- Statement of compliance with the Pre-release Access to Official Statistics Order 2008
- Engagement strategy to meet the needs of statistics users
- Statistical notice: MHCLG revisions policy
- Statistical notice: DCLG quality guidelines
Please use the contact details on the specific publication for which you have a query.
For general statistics enquiries please email: firstname.lastname@example.org