National Insurance: non-UK residents


Tell HMRC about a change to your personal details

If HMRC needs to contact you about anything confidential they’ll reply by phone or post.


Call HMRC to:

  • find out if you have to pay National Insurance
  • get help with completing certificates so you can get healthcare abroad

0300 200 3500

0300 200 3519

Outside UK:
+44 191 203 7010

Opening times:

Our phone line opening hours are temporarily changing to:

Monday to Friday: 8am to 4pm

This is due to having fewer advisers available to answer calls because of the measures put in place to stop the spread of coronavirus.

If your call is not urgent, you can find out information in:

HMRC cannot give you an estimate of your State Pension but you can get a State Pension statement online.

Find out about call charges


Write to HMRC with your National Insurance queries if you’re a non-UK resident.

You do not need to include a street name, city name or PO box when writing to this address.

Couriers should use a different address.

National Insurance Contributions and Employers Office
HM Revenue and Customs
United Kingdom