If you’ve lost or forgotten your National Insurance number, or need a letter confirming it, you can:
- register for or log in to your personal tax account to view or download, print, save or share a letter with it on
- fill in the online form and post it to us, if you’re unable to register for a personal tax account
You can also find your National Insurance number on your payslip, P60, tax returns or official letters about tax, pensions or benefits.
Use this service to:
- see any gaps in your National Insurance contributions
- see gaps in your National Insurance contributions
Use this service to find out:
- how much State Pension you could get
- when you can get it
- how to increase it, if you can
If HMRC needs to contact you about anything confidential they’ll reply by phone or post.
Call for help and information about:
- Class 1 National Insurance rates and thresholds
- Class 2 and 3 National Insurance
- Statutory Payments
- Married Women’s Reduced Rate Election
- National Insurance statement requests
- employment histories
- Parents and Carers credits
- gaps in your National Insurance contributions
If you have a National Insurance number, have it with you when you call.
Call this number if you haven’t received your National Insurance number or have lost or forgotten it.
0300 200 3500
0300 200 3519
+ 44 191 203 7010
Monday to Friday: 8am to 8pm
Saturday: 8am to 4pm
Closed Sundays and bank holidays.
HMRC may ask if you want to add voice identification to your account. You can find out more in the Voice Identification Privacy Notice.
Write to HMRC at this address with all National Insurance queries except complaints.
You don’t need to include a street name, city name or PO box when writing to this address.
Couriers should use a different address.
PT Operations North East England
HM Revenue and Customs