Statistics at DCLG
DCLG publishes statistics relating to deprivation, housing and homelessness, local government finance, planning performance and land use.
We produce statistics in accordance with the statutory and other arrangements described in the guide to national and official statistics.
Latest statistical releases
The latest statistics releases and live tables published by the Department for Communities and Local Government.
Forthcoming statistical releases
The planned publication dates over the coming year for all of the department’s official statistics releases.
- Affordable housing supply
- Dwelling stock (including vacants)
- English Housing Survey
- Help to Buy equity loan and Help to Buy: NewBuy statistics
- Homelessness statistics
- House building: new build dwellings
- Household projections
- Housing market
- Housing supply: net additional dwellings
- Local authority housing data
- Social housing lettings
- Social housing sales (including Right to Buy and transfers)
- Traveller caravan count
Local government finance
- Borrowing and investments
- Council Tax
- Council Taxbase
- Local authority capital expenditure, receipts and financing
- Local authority revenue expenditure and financing
- Local government finance statistics
- Local government finance live tables
- Local government pension scheme
- National non-domestic rates collected by councils
- Quarterly revenue outturn for local authorities
Planning and land use
- Energy Performance of Buildings Certificates
- Green belt statistics
- Land use change statistics
- Minerals surveys
- Planning applications statistics
DCLG are interested in understanding more about how our statistics and data are used and the decisions they inform. This is important for us so we can provide a high quality service which meets users’ needs.
We would be grateful if you could spend a couple of minutes completing these surveys.
This site contains statistics published since May 2010. Statistical releases published by DCLG before May 2010 can be found on the National Archive.
Pre-release access to official statistics
The principles and rules governing UK government ministers and officials’ access to official statistics in their final form before publication are set out in The Pre-release Access to Official Statistics Order 2008. This order forms part of the Code of Practice for Official Statistics against which key statistics are assessed for compliance by the UK Statistics Authority.
Ministers and officials who have received pre-release access for briefing purposes to any of the official statistics released by DCLG are identified in the pre-release access lists.
Corporate procedures and standards
In accordance with the UK Statistics Authority’s Code of Practice for Official Statistics, DCLG follows the arrangements set out in the publications listed below.
- DCLG statistics plan 2011 to 2012
- Statement of compliance with the Pre-Release Access to Official Statistics Order 2008
- Engagement strategy to meet the needs of statistics users
- Statement of administrative sources
- Statistical notice: DCLG revisions policy
- Statistical notice: DCLG quality guidelines
Please use the contact details on the specific publication for which you have a query.
For general statistics enquiries please email: email@example.com