Use these documents to meet the requirements for a Countryside Stewardship agreement.
New applicants should see the main Countryside Stewardship page for current guidance.
Use the relevant forms to support your agreement.
Environmental Stewardship and Countryside Stewardship final payments were expected to be issued by the end of June 2017. Payments are still underway and we will keep customers updated on progress.
This is the first round of Countryside Stewardship payments under the new scheme and we will be looking at any improvements for future delivery.
Changes to the payment split for multi-year grants
You’ll now get 75% of your annual grant as an advance payment. You’ll get the remaining 25% as a final payment (subject to any penalties or reductions). The change is effective immediately and includes your 2017 agreement payments.
You don’t need to do anything, Natural England will adjust your payments for you. There are no changes to how and when you make a claim.
For enquiries contact Natural England. Telephone: 0208 0261089 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Rural Payments Agency (RPA) is making updates to their digital maps from July 2017 to autumn 2017. For more information on these updates see the RPA’s RLE1 webpage.
To view your individual land parcels go to www.ruralpayments.service.gov.uk. From the ‘Business overview’ screen, click ‘Land’ then ‘View land’.
If the mapping changes affect your CS agreement, Natural England will:
- pick the changes up from the RPA - you don’t need to alert Natural England to these changes
- incorporate the mapping changes when it next needs to take any action in relation to your agreement - for example when processing a claim for payment or to process a transfer or amendment which you have requested
If you make a claim that includes capital items:
- online using Rural Payments, mapping updates may be included on the land parcels on which you’re claiming capital items
- using a paper form, submit the claim form you received from Natural England and it will update any necessary information
Natural England will contact you if it needs to discuss any changes.
Contact Natural England if you have any queries about Countryside Stewardship (including woodland options and grants):
Countryside Stewardship (Technical services)
County Hall, Spetchley Road
Telephone 0208 026 1089
Mid Tier and water quality capital grants
Hedgerows and boundaries capital grant
Woodland creation and woodland capital grants
Published: 7 December 2016
Updated: 19 September 2017
- Added a section on changes to the payment split for multi-year grants.
- Mapping updates section added.
- Guidance for agreement holders affected by HS2.
- Deadline for submitting Countryside Stewardship claims for 1 January 2017 agreements (only) extended to 15 June 2017.
- Added links to Mid Tier and Higher Tier manuals for 1 January 2017 agreements.
- Added 2016 hedgerows and boundaries grant manual.
- First published.