Find out about Countryside Stewardship Mid Tier and how to apply.
These documents explain the:
- Mid Tier of Countryside Stewardship
- application process
- options, supplements and capital items available under Mid Tier
Information about the Mid Tier options, supplements and capital items is also available in the Countryside Stewardship grants finder tool.
See the statements of priorities to help choose which options to include as part of an application.
The manual has been designed with portrait and landscape pages. To make sure these print correctly, select ‘auto rotate’ in your printer settings before you print.
How to apply
Contact Natural England to request an application pack:
The example application form and guidance shows what information will be required to apply for an agreement.
Attend a one-to-one clinic with an adviser to get help when applying for Mid Tier Countryside Stewardship.
Applicants may also need to complete the:
- agent authorisation form
- land ownership and control form
- common land and shared grazing supplementary application form
Applicants need to check the option requirements to see if they also need to complete the:
- building wildlife assessment form
- ponds for wildlife and historic interest assessment form
- organic viability plan form
- permanent grassland with very low input options eligibility assessment form
- runoff and soil erosion risk assessment form
- consent form to take soil samples on a scheduled monument
See the main Countryside Stewardship page for more information.
Water quality capital items
Some water quality capital items require written support from a Catchment Sensitive Farming officer (CSFO) as part of the application evidence requirement. Check the requirements for the capital item to find out when this is necessary.
See the Catchment Sensitive Farming page to find out how to arrange a pre-application visit from a CSFO.
Find out more
Watch these videos for more information about Mid Tier.
Mid Tier wild pollinator and farm wildlife package:
Overview of Mid Tier for agents: