- High Speed Two (HS2) Limited
- Part of:
- Countryside Stewardship: information for agreement holders, Environmental Stewardship: guidance and forms for agreement holders, HS2: high speed rail, and Rail network
- 6 May 2016
- Last updated:
- 30 August 2017, see all updates
This guide provides information for farmers and growers affected by High Speed Two (HS2) construction.
The guides for farmers and growers set out High Speed Two (HS2) Ltd’s proposed approach to handling agricultural property matters. They provide a single source of information for all those affected by either Phase One or Phase 2a. There will eventually be a bespoke guide for each affected farmer.
The guides comprise 3 parts:
- part 1 contains general policies and guidance on key issues, including land acquisition, land access, construction, land restoration and compensation.
- in part 2, further explanatory notes on land acquisition and temporary occupation are included.
- in part 3 is an example of the content that will be tailored to an individual farmer. The principles set out in the guide will be adhered to during the detailed design and construction of the railway.
The guidance may be subject to revision over time, as practices are improved or modified. It is expected that a guide for Phase 2b will be created following deposit of the Phase 2b hybrid Bill in 2019.
Published: 6 May 2016
Updated: 30 August 2017
- Guide for Phase 2a added
- First published.