- Ministry of Defence
- Part of:
- Support services for military and defence personnel and their families
- 30 August 2013
- Last updated:
- 16 February 2016, see all updates
Guidance and documents relating to Armed Forces Pension Scheme 2005 (AFPS 05).
This is the pension scheme for regular service personnel, for all new entrants to the armed forces from 6 April 2005, and those who transferred from AFPS 75 on 6 April 2006.
The reserve forces have their own pension scheme called the Reserve Forces Pension Scheme 05 (RFPS 05).
Statutory Instrument 2005/438 and subsequent amendments are the legal basis of the scheme. See AFPS 05 legislation below:
- AFPS 05 Order: SI 2005/438
- AFPS 05 Amendment Order: SI 2006/717
- AFPS 05 Amendment Order: SI 2009/544
- AFPS 05 Amendment Order: SI 2011/1364
Early Departure Payment (EDP) legislation:
- AFPS 05 EDP Scheme Order 2005: SI 2005/437
- AFPS 05 EDP Scheme Order 2013: SI 2013/2914
- AFPS 05 EDP Scheme Order 2014: SI 2014/2958
Armed Forces Pension Scheme 2005 (AFPS 05) related guidance documents.
Armed Pension Scheme 2005 information about transferring benefits.
Guidance booklets explaining the armed forces and reserve forces pension schemes.
Pension sharing rules of the Armed Forces Pension Schemes (AFPS) and Reserve Forces Pensions Schemes (RFPS).
Glossary of terms
Explanation of terms relating to the Armed Forces Pension Scheme (AFPS 75) and Armed Forces Pension Scheme 2005 (AFPS 05).
Additional Voluntary Contributions (AVCs)
Factors to be used for members of AFPS 05 to calculate the contribution rates for Added Years (AY) Additional Voluntary Contributions (AVCs).
Published: 30 August 2013
Updated: 16 February 2016
- Added a link to Armed Forces (Transitional Provisions) Pensions Regulations 2015, SI 2015/568 and AFPS 05 Amendment Order: SI 2011/1364 and links to EDP legislation.
- Added links to 4 Statutory Instruments.
- Added Armed forces and reserve forces pension schemes: guidance booklets.
- First published.