CW1: financial eligibility for legal aid clients
Controlled work form: client seeking legal help, help at court or family help (lower).
CRM14: criminal legal aid application form
Clients applying for criminal legal aid application: main application form (CRM14), eForm CRM14, financial statement (CRM15) client details (CRM1).
Legal aid: exceptional case funding form and guidance
Exceptional case funding (ECF) form, provider information pack (inquests and non-inquests) and funding guidance.
CW2 (IMM) for representation, disbursement limit extension (CW3C), review of refusal (CW4): immigration forms
Controlled work application forms: representation - CW2 (IMM), extension of disbursement limit - CW3C (IMM), review of refusal - CW4 (IMM).
Get medical proof of domestic violence
Use this letter to get evidence of any illness, physical or mental harm caused by domestic violence, if you're applying for legal aid.
Guidance and regulation
- Duty solicitors: rotas, information and guidance
- Graduated fee calculators
- Criminal legal aid: means testing
- Civil legal aid: means testing
- Apply for legal aid
News and communications
Research and statistics
- User guide to legal aid statistics in England and Wales
- Legal aid statistics: July to September 2018
- Legal aid statistics: April to June 2018
- Legal aid statistics: July to September 2016
Policy papers and consultations
- Amending the Advocates’ Graduated Fee Scheme
- Call for evidence - review of legal aid for inquests
- Banding of offences in the Advocates’ Graduated Fee Scheme
- Novation policy
Transparency and freedom of information releases
- Contracts consultative groups
- Contract terminations and exclusions
- Legal Aid Agency annual report and accounts 2017 to 2018
- Director of Legal Aid Casework annual report 2017 to 2018
- National DNA Database annual report, 2016 to 2017