Duty solicitors: rotas, information and guidance
Duty solicitors rotas, lists, standard crime contract 2010 and contact details.
Duty solicitor members lists 1 April 2017 to 30 June 2017
The members lists will generally only show rota schemes. Courts will only be listed separately where a choice had to be made from alternative options or if there are restrictions on eligibility due to postcode. All other courts are included on the normal rota schemes.
Organisations should check that all duty solicitors are listed correctly. Organisations may contact email@example.com regarding any inaccuracies with the members lists. We are unable to accept any new requests for changes to the April rota, and we cannot accept requests from individual duty solicitors.
Organisations are reminded of their obligation to ensure that their contact details are accurate and kept up to date via the Duty Solicitor Contact Centre website in accordance with paragraph 9.22 of the 2017 Standard Crime Contract Specification.
We expect to start sending out the new rotas from early March 2017 onwards.
Duty Solicitor Members (MS Excel Spreadsheet, 678KB)
Changes in circumstances
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if a duty solicitor gives formal notice of leaving or leaves your employment.
2017 standard crime contract
The 2017 Standard Crime Contract is available on GOV.UK.
The second rota period will commence on 1 July 2017 and will run until 31 December 2017. In addition to allocations made to organisations who met the requirements for the April rota, slots will also be allocated in respect of duty solicitors Engaged by those organisations who passed verification by 28 February 2017 and for whom LAA receives CRM12s by 23.59 on 17 March 2017. LAA will run a separate CRM12 process for the July rotas, and will provide further details of that process in due course.
Organisations that are allocated rota slots from 1 April and/or 1 July 2017 will not be able to add any additional duty solicitors for these rotas but will be able to replace duty solicitors who leave the organisation during that period.
For subsequent rotas, the rules set out in Section 6 of the 2017 Standard Crime Contract Specification apply.
Please note – if you include more duty solicitors on your CRM12 than you are entitled to for the April and July rotas these will not be included on the rotas.
Search the duty solicitor postcode tool to see which schemes your firm is eligible for, based on postcode or borough.
2010 postcode tool (MS Excel Spreadsheet, 2.42MB)
Duty solicitor rotas 1 October 2016 to 31 March 2017
Below are the rotas for use between 1 October 2016 to 31 March 2017:
Rotas A to D (PDF, 15.6MB, 783 pages)
Rotas E to M (PDF, 12.9MB, 684 pages)
Rotas N to S (PDF, 10.9MB, 605 pages)
Rotas T to Z (PDF, 7.08MB, 392 pages)
Virtual Court rotas (PDF, 2.09MB, 92 pages)
2010 standard crime contract
The 2010 standard crime contract is critical for legal aid providers in criminal matters.
Civil duty solicitor guidance
Duty solicitors in civil matters: find Housing Possession Court Duty Scheme (HPCDS) forms, guidance and invitations to tender for work.
Published: 1 June 2014
Updated: 17 February 2017
- Duty solicitor members list published.
- Duty solicitor rotas for October 1 2016 to 31 March 2017 published.
- Duty Solicitor Members Lists for the rotas commencing 1st October 2017 added to page.
- Update on CRM12 deadline.
- Duty solicitor rotas for 1 April 2016 to 30 September 2016 published.
- Updated duty solicitor members lists added to page.
- Duty solicitor member list published.
- Notice about deadline for duty solicitor changes
- New duty solicitors rotas added
- Duty solicitor rotas for use between 1 October 2015 to 10 January 2016 published.
- Updated to include October 2015 Duty Solicitor rotas
- Duty solicitor rotas for 1 July 2015 to 30 September 2015 published.
- Duty solicitor members list for July 2015 published.
- Updated information about duty solicitor rotas.
- New rotas added
- Duty solicitors list - January 2015 published.
- First published.