Before you contact DVLA, read how to:
- get a vehicle log book (V5C)
- get vehicle information from DVLA
- tell DVLA you’ve sold or bought a vehicle
- change your name and address on your V5C
- register a vehicle
- get a private (personalised) number plate
- put a registration number on a vehicle
- take a registration number off a vehicle
- change vehicle details on a V5C
- take a vehicle out of the UK
- import a vehicle into the UK
Find out how to to contact DVLA if you’re a critical worker in the coronavirus (COVID-19) response (for example, you work in a hospital or in a supermarket, or you’re a lorry driver).
When to contact DVLA
If you sent your application by post, it’ll take longer to process because of coronavirus (COVID-19).
If you applied online, wait for the processing time before contacting DVLA.
|Type of online application||Processing time|
|Change of address||4 weeks|
|Change of vehicle details||4 weeks|
|Change of registered keeper||6 weeks|
|Confirmation you’ve sold your vehicle||4 weeks|
|Put on, take off or keep a private registration number||2 weeks|
DVLA Vehicle Enquiries
Telephone: 0300 790 6802
Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm
Saturdays, 8am to 4pm
Find out about call charges
Use the webchat service to contact DVLA about vehicle registration and V5C certificates (log books).
Use the email service to contact DVLA about vehicle registration.
Vehicle Customer Services
- 1. What do you need to contact DVLA about?
- Vehicle registration and V5C certificates (log books)