Claiming benefits if you live, move or travel abroad

7. Winter Fuel Payments

You can claim a Winter Fuel Payment if you:

You don’t need to have claimed in the UK before you go. But you must have a ‘genuine link with the UK social security system’ to claim, eg you’ve lived or worked in the UK.