If you live in England or Wales

In England you can get a bus pass for free travel when you reach the female State Pension age, whether you’re a man or a woman.

If you live in London, you can travel free on buses, tubes and other transport when you’re 60, but only within London.

In Wales you can get a bus pass when you reach 60.

Enter your postcode to:

  • apply for a bus pass from your local council
  • check if you can get one sooner
Postcode lookup
For example SW1A 2AA

Find a postcode on Royal Mail's postcode finder

If you live in Scotland or Northern Ireland

You get an older person’s bus pass when you’re 60. Apply if you’re in: