Register as a childminder or childcare provider (England)
How to register as a childminder or childcare provider: the Ofsted Childcare Register, the Early Years Register, who can register, how to apply
Being inspected as a childminder or childcare provider
Find out when you'll be inspected by Ofsted, how to prepare, how you'll be inspected and how you'll be graded
Childcare and children's social care health declaration form
Health declaration form for childminders and people who work in childcare or children's social care.
Early years and childcare services: EY3 changes to individuals
EY3 form for childminders and other childcare providers to tell Ofsted about changes to childminding assistants, household members or certain people in organisations.
Applying to waive disqualification: early years and childcare providers
Forms and guidance for childminders and providers of childcare on non-domestic premises.
Guidance and regulation
- DBS checks for childminders and childcare workers
- People connected with Ofsted-registered childcare
- Early education and childcare
- Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks: childcare providers
- Become a childminder: pre-registration briefing
News and communications
Research and statistics
- Childcare providers and inspections as at 31 March 2017
- Childcare providers and inspections as at 31 December 2016
- Childcare providers and inspections as at 31 August 2016
- Childcare providers and inspections as at 31 March 2016
- Childcare providers and inspections as at 31 December 2015