Check if you can claim Universal Credit - a single monthly payment that has started to replace 6 benefits if you’re out of work or on a low income.
Start now on the Universal Credit portal
Before you start
Your session will time out and you’ll have to start again if you’re inactive for more than 20 minutes.
Make sure you have the following information before you start:
- your National Insurance number
- details of the bank, building society or Post Office account you want Universal Credit paid into
- your rent agreement (if you have one)
- details of your savings or other capital
- details of any income that’s not from work (eg from an insurance plan)
- details of any other benefits you’re getting
It should take 20 to 40 minutes to complete your claim.
If you’re successful, you’ll usually get your first payment 1 month and 7 days after you’ve made your claim.
If you need help claiming Universal Credit online
Call the helpline if you need help making your claim online.
Universal Credit helpline
Telephone: 0845 600 0723
Textphone: 0845 600 0743
Find out about call charges
Find out more about Universal Credit.