Check the recognised overseas pension schemes notification list
We have updated the recognised overseas pension scheme (ROPS) list with 19 additions, 2 amendments and 49 removals.
- Pension schemes newsletter 135 ― November 2021
Register as a pension scheme administrator
Information on how to register as a scheme administrator for pension schemes with a PSTR beginning with ‘2’ has been updated.
HMRC service availability and issues
Planned downtime for multiple HMRC digital services from 11:59pm on Monday 22 November 2021 to 2am on Tuesday 23 November 2021 has been added.
Find out about the pension scheme practitioner role
We have added guidance on accessing the service including manging user access and how to get a lost user ID or password associated with your practitioner ID.
Manage a registered pension scheme
We have updated the page with guidance on what to do if you've lost a user ID or password and how to manage user access.
Pension schemes newsletters
We have added the Managing pension schemes service newsletter – November 2021.
- Managing pension schemes service newsletter – November 2021
- Migrating your pension scheme to the Managing Pension Schemes service
Pension schemes: service availability and issues
Planned downtime from 11:59am to 8pm on Thursday 18 November 2021 has been added.
- Pension schemes newsletter 134 — October 2021
Pension Scheme Pays reporting: information and notice deadlines
The 'Proposed revision' section has been updated.
Reporting costs, charges and other information: guidance for trustees and managers of occupational pension schemes
Removed guidance that was effective from 11 September 2018 to 30 September 2021 and added a link to the National Archives for anyone who needs to access this older guidance.
- Countdown Bulletin 56 – October 2021
- Pension schemes newsletter 133 — September 2021
- Pension schemes newsletter 132 — August 2021
Claim back a flexibly accessed pension overpayment
The P55 reclaim by post form has been updated for the 2021 to 2022 tax year.
Apply to register a pension scheme
Information about declaring yourself a scheme administrator for a retirement annuity or deferred annuity contract has been added.
- Managing pension schemes service newsletter – August 2021
- Pension schemes newsletter 131 – July 2021
- Countdown Bulletin 55 - July 2021
- Increasing the normal minimum pension age for Pensions Tax
- Pension schemes newsletter 130 – June 2021
- Completing the annual Value for Members assessment and Reporting of Net Investment Returns
Managing pension schemes service newsletter – March 2021
Information to provide the date you became the pension scheme administrator for a scheme in Appendix D – Pre-A Day pension schemes has been added. Information in row 4, column 1 in Appendix C – list of data items for pension scheme migration has been updated.
- Apply for insurance benefits to be paid without tax being deducted
- Pension schemes newsletter 129 – April 2021
- Pensions tax: reporting non-taxable pension death payments using Real Time Information
Overseas pensions: payments to your members
Guidance about telling HMRC about a payment has been updated.
Pension schemes rates and allowances
Tax year references, Lifetime allowance figures and annual allowance year updated for 2021 to 2022.
Self Assessment: Tax Return for Trustees of Registered Pension Schemes (SA970)
The form and notes have been added for tax year 2020 to 2021.
Pension savings - tax charges (Self Assessment helpsheet HS345)
Helpsheet 'HS345 Pension savings - tax charges (2021)' and working sheet have been added.
Protect your pension lifetime allowance
The lifetime allowance stays at £1,073,100 for 2021 to 2022.
Pension schemes: value your pension for lifetime allowance protection
The 2021 to 2022 standard lifetime allowance has been added.
Claim a tax refund when you've taken a small pension lump sum
The print and post form P53Z has been updated for the new tax year 2021 to 2022.
- Countdown Bulletin 54 - March 2021
Pension schemes online: user guide
New sections about 'practitioner de-authorisation by scheme administrator' and 'practitioner de-authorisation by scheme practitioner' have been added. Sections about register as a practitioner and pre-register as a practitioner have been removed.
- Pension schemes newsletter 128 – March 2021
Trustee oversight of investment consultants and fiduciary managers
The consultation response is delayed and is now expected in the first half of 2022.
NHS Pension Scheme: increased flexibility
Added the outcome document in PDF format.
- Pension schemes newsletter 127 – February 2021
Make an annual claim for relief at source on pension contributions (APSS106)
The latest version of form APSS 106 - for annual claim periods 2018 to 2019 and onwards has been added.
- Pension Schemes Newsletter 126 – December 2020
Guaranteed Minimum Pension checker: service availability and issues
The issue when calculating a revalued GMP for scheme members has been resolved.
- Pension schemes newsletter 125 – October 2020
Submit an Accounting for Tax (AFT) return using the Managing Pension Schemes service
Where to find a charge reference on the Managing Pension Scheme service has been updated and requesting for refunds or reallocations will now use the same email address.
Pension schemes refund or reallocation request
Request for refunds or reallocations now use the same email address and a new version of the spreadsheet has been added.
Pension schemes newsletter 124 – September 2020
The protected pension age easement will not be extended and will expire on 1 November 2020.
- Pension schemes newsletter 123 – August 2020
- Pension schemes newsletter 122 - July 2020