114 services


Department for Transport (DfT)

sorted by Most viewed
  • Replace a lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed driving licence

    Apply for a replacement driving licence online if it's been lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed

  • Buy a personalised registration number

    Search for a personalised number plate registration and buy it from DVLA online or at auction

  • Apply for or renew a Blue Badge

    Check if you're eligible for a Blue Badge and apply

  • Calculate vehicle tax rates

    Use the online tool to find the tax rate for all vehicle types

  • Child car seats: the law

    The rules for child car seats and booster seats - height, weight, age, type of vehicle, car, minibus, licensed taxi

  • Hand luggage restrictions at UK airports

    Hand luggage restrictions at UK airports - carry-on luggage, checked-in baggage, restricted items and liquids, electronic devices carried from Turkey, Lebanon, Egypt and Saudi Arabia

  • Apply for an older person's bus pass

    Some older people can get free travel on local buses - contact your council to check your eligibility and apply for a bus pass

  • Get a Blue Badge

    Check you're eligible for a Blue Badge, apply and find out where you can park.

  • Vehicle insurance

    Rules on what motor insurance you need, what to do if you're in an accident, insurance for driving abroad, penalties for uninsured vehicles and drivers.

  • Blue Badge scheme: information from your council

    Blue Badge parking permits let disabled drivers and passengers park nearer to where they're going - find out more about Blue Badges from your council

  • Driving disqualifications

    When you can be banned from driving, check when your driving ban ends, reduce your disqualification period, disqualified until you've passed your test, drink-driving offences

  • Speed limits

    A limit of 30 miles per hour or 48 kilometres per hour usually applies to all traffic on all roads with street lighting

  • Exchange a foreign driving licence

    Find out how to exchange your non-British driving licence for a British licence

  • Learn to drive a car: step by step

    Learn to drive a car in the UK - get a provisional licence, take driving lessons, prepare for your theory test, book your practical test

  • Financial help if you're disabled

    Financial help if you're disabled - benefits, housing costs, council tax, vehicle tax exemption, TV Licence, motability schemes, VAT relief

  • Driving abroad

    Check if you need an international driving permit (IDP) to drive abroad on holiday and how to exchange your licence if you move abroad - including driving in the EU after Brexit.

  • Legal obligations of drivers and riders

    What you need to do before you can drive a car or ride a motorcycle - driving licence, registering your vehicle, insurance, vehicle tax, MOT

  • Car fuel and CO2 emissions data

    Check fuel consumption, CO2 emissions and vehicle tax bands by make model and registration

  • Exchange your paper driving licence for a photocard licence

    Exchange your paper driving licence for a new photocard licence online.

  • Towing with a car

    Towing trailers, caravans and horseboxes with a car, including the weight and size limits, and what licence you need to have