Search for fuel consumption, CO2 emissions, and tax bands for new and used cars.
Start now on the Vehicle Certification Agency (VCA) website
Before you start
Find information about all new cars currently on sale in the UK, and used cars that were first registered on or after 1 March, 2001.
A ‘new’ car is one that is currently available to buy or lease from a dealer and has not been previously registered.
New and used cars
You can search for new and used cars to find:
- fuel consumption and CO2 emissions (by make and model)
- vehicle tax information (by make, model, registration date and current tax tables)
- the cost of tax for all vehicle types
New cars only
For new cars only you can also search:
- by tax band, including Band A (exempt from tax)
- by fuel economy
- for annual fuel running costs
- by company car taxation, based on CO2 bands
- by alternative fuel types