Check your eligibility and apply for a Blue Badge. You can also use this service to reapply for your Blue Badge.
You can apply for yourself, someone else or an organisation.
A Blue Badge costs up to £10 in England and £20 in Scotland. It’s free in Wales.
What you’ll need
You’ll need a recent digital photo showing your head and shoulders.
You’ll also need a photo or scan of your:
- proof of identity (such as a passport or driving licence)
- proof of address (less than 12 months old)
- proof of benefits (if you get any)
You’ll also need to know:
- your National Insurance number (if you have one)
- the details of your current Blue Badge (if you’re reapplying)
There’s a different way to apply if you’re in Northern Ireland.
Before you start
Your application will be sent to your council - they’ll make a decision within 12 weeks.
If your application is refused
Your council should tell you why you’re not eligible for a Blue Badge.
You can ask them to reconsider your case if you do not think all the important information you provided was taken into account.
You can also reapply if your mobility problems become more serious.
If you need help
For questions about the Blue Badge scheme contact your local council. You might be able to apply by post.