Check your eligibility and apply for a Blue Badge. You can also use this service to reapply for a Blue Badge.
You can apply for yourself, someone else or an organisation.
There’s a different way to apply if you’re in Northern Ireland.
A Blue Badge costs up to £10 in England and £20 in Scotland. It’s free in Wales.
They usually last up to 3 years.
You must reapply for a Blue Badge before your current one expires.
Apply or renew online
You’ll need a recent digital photo showing your head and shoulders.
You’ll also need a photo or scan of your:
- proof of identity (such as a birth certificate, passport or driving licence)
- proof of address (such as a Council Tax bill or government letter)
- proof of benefits (if you get any)
You’ll also need to know:
- your National Insurance number (if you have one)
- the details of your current Blue Badge (if you’re reapplying)
You can save and return to your application at a later date if you need to.
What you need to know
How you pay depends on your local council. They’ll usually make a decision within 12 weeks.
If your application is refused
Your council should tell you why you’re not eligible for a Blue Badge.
You can ask them to reconsider your case if you do not think all the important information you provided was taken into account.
You can also reapply if your mobility problems become more serious.
If you need help
For questions about the Blue Badge scheme contact your local council.