Answer questions about your disability, check your eligibility and fill in an application form to apply for or renew a Blue Badge. Your application will then be sent to your council for a decision.
Start now on the Blue Badge eligibility tool
Check with your council how long before the expiry date you should renew.
After you apply
Scotland and Northern Ireland
If your application is turned down
If your council decides you’re not eligible, they should tell you why.
You can ask them to reconsider your case if you don’t think all the important information you provided was taken into account.
You can also re-apply if your mobility problems become more serious.
For questions about the Blue Badge scheme, contact your local council or the Initial Enquiry Support Service.
- Proof of identification required
- National Insurance number required
- Not available in Northern Ireland
- Details of your current Blue Badge, if you have one
- Digital or signed photo required
- Proof of residency required