You need to pay the levy before entering the UK if the HGV:
- isn’t registered in the UK
- weighs 12,000kg or more
Before you start
From 1 April 2014, you’ll have to pay a levy before driving an HGV that weighs 12,000kg or over into the UK.
You don’t need to sign up for an account to use this service but if you do you can:
- pay the levy faster
- change the dates you want the levy to start (up until 1 day before)
- get a refund
- buy a levy for more than 1 month
- see your payment history
- register and manage your vehicles
- allow someone else to manage your account
You can also check if you’ve paid a levy on your vehicle. You’ll need to know the front licence plate number of the vehicle you want to check.
How to pay
You can pay by:
- credit or debit card
- fuel card
- prepayment through your account
- bank transfer
You can also pay in cash where available.