Use this service if you’re planning to drive through clean air zones in:
- Bradford (charging starts on 26 September 2022)
- Bristol (charging starts in late 2022)
- Greater Manchester (under review)
- Tyneside - Newcastle and Gateshead (charging starts in winter: late 2022 to early 2023)
There’s a different service if you want to drive in London’s low or ultra low emission zones. Check your vehicle on the Transport for London (TfL) website.
You might need to pay to drive in a clean air zone if your vehicle does not meet emissions standards.
Use this service to:
- find out if you need to pay for your vehicle
- pay the daily charge
This service cannot check vehicles that are registered outside the UK.
Before you start
You’ll need the number plate (registration number) of the vehicle you want to check.
If you’re paying the charge for a single vehicle, you’ll need a credit or debit card.
If you’re a business and want to check a number of vehicles you’ll need:
- an account - you can create one when you use this service
- your company name
- an email address
- a spreadsheet in CSV format of the number plates (registration numbers) of the vehicles you want to check
If you’re a business and want to pay for a number of vehicles you’ll need a credit card, debit card or bank details.
Contact clean air zone support
You can get support if you cannot use the online service or you need help.