You need to register any vehicle that you’re importing into the UK permanently.
- proof of ‘Mutual Recognition’ or type approval or an exemption from it
- if the vehicle is new, form V267 (‘Declaration that a vehicle is new’)
- foreign registration documents or any papers relating to the vehicle
- evidence showing the date the vehicle was collected (normally the invoice from the supplier)
- the appropriate HM Revenue and Customs forms, showing you’ve paid VAT and/or duty (if applicable)
You’ll need to use original documents - you can’t use photocopies or faxed copies.
In some cases, the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA), or the Driver and Vehicle Agency (DVA) in Northern Ireland, may want to see the vehicle to check its identity.